Search This Blog

Monday, June 17, 2013

Quick and Easy Curry Stew

I LOVE CURRY! Like L.O.V.E LOVE  I have made a couple different curry dishes and this is by far the easiest and best I have ever made. I know I have said this about every curry dish I have made, but honestly it just keeps getting better and easier. I was surprised at how quick this meal came together and how great it turned out. 
Like always, when trying a new dish I am always a little wary on if I will like it, but man this is good. Now, I can see a couple of you out there thinking that this might be too hard, you are wrong, it’s only 4 easy steps to awesomeness for this dish. If you are unsure of whether or not you like curry then maybe start off with no curry spices and add little by little instead. For me I used 2 tbsp of curry spice to really bring out that extra punch.

So if you are in the mood for something really fun tonight, why not try out my amaze-balls curry stew, I dare you!

Serves 2-6 people ( I ate the whole pot so really 1-6 people)


Stew
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp of coconut oil
2 good-sized sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 large yellow onion, chopped
1 large red bell pepper, or 2 small ones, chopped
1 can chick peas, rinsed and drained
1 lime

Sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
2 inch fresh ginger, peeled
2 heaping tablespoons peanut butter
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground red pepper flakes
2 tablespoon curry powder
1 tbsp maple syrup
½ can coconut milk

Directions:
Step one – chop up all the veggies
Step two – sauté the veggies, hick peas and oil for about 10 mins in a large pot on medium high, until almost fork tender
Step three – put all of the sauce ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth
Step four – pour sauce over veggies and let simmer for 15 minutes, the longer you simmer the thicker it gets!
Garnish with lime and serve over rice or noodles. Enjoy!


Substitutions
*coconut milk for any that you have on hand
*peanut butter for any other nut or seed butter you have
*sweet potatoes for regular potatoes



Thanks for reading!
Xoxo -N





No comments:

Post a Comment