Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Parisian Brunch feat. Vegan French Toast and Berries



This weekend was very eventful for me because it was my birthday!! I have always loved my birthday weekend, and when I say weekend I really mean weekend. I feel that your birthday shouldn't just be one day, I feel that you should try and stretch it out as much as you can. Especially when food is involved!!


When deciding what do to this weekend, my mom decided to have brunch on Sunday. I thought that it was perfect, I love breakfast food and I have wanted to try out a new French toast recipe. And of course I wanted to do a vegan recipe, so I replaced the eggs and milk for bananas and coconut milk.



Now my brunch wasn't a surprise brunch, but I was not expecting such an amazing spread of food and such am awesome theme! The only thing I was I told is to wear something black that is simple yet dressy. So when I walked into my mother’s condo I was so surprised that there was a theme at all. There were pink and black balloons, with an Eiffel tower and hat boxes decorating my mom’s kitchen. It was a Parisian Brunch! Then I was told that the men had to wear fake mustaches and the women had to wear red lipstick.


So we cracked open the bubbly, made mimosas and started on preparing brunch. There was a tower of berries, coconut milk whipped cream, vegan and regular French toast, scrambled eggs, and maple glazed ham. We were also doing gluten free French toast and regular French toast, boy there was a lot of food.




Vegan French Toast

2 ripe bananas
½ cup of coconut milk
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of vanilla (optional)


Heat up your non stick skillet on medium/high heat. Put all of the ingredients in the blender and puree until smooth. Dip your bread in the mixture, gluten free or regular bread (gluten free went over the  best in our house, even with people who are not celiac).  Brown on both sides, and serve with whipped cream and berries!
Kitty wanted to join the brunch after we all left the table,
And I don't blame her, it was good!



 All of these amazing pictures were taken by my sister Ashley from Ashley Clark Photography. 

Thanks for Reading!!

xoxo -N

No comments:

Post a Comment