Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My First Post!


Hello and Welcome to my blog!! Yippy Horay! I have been thinking about doing this for a while now and today was the day that I decided to just go ahead and do it. My first post will most likely be filled with some spelling and grammatical errors, but please don't judge me! Spelling and Grammar are not my strong suits. Sewing and eating food, now those are my strong points!! I also have the tendency to love my dogs on a large scale, as well as my husband, and my sisters and all my other family and friends. There is also the problem with slapping people... but maybe more on that a little later. 

One of my main reasons I wanted to start this blog is to document and share my journey becoming and being vegan. This is a process that has been going on for about a year and a half and I wish I would have started this sooner. But ohh well, I am starting now!! 

Over the course of this past year and a half, I have encountered a lot of people who ask questions or comment on my lifestyle. Like most vegan/vegetarians they can get everything from great compliments about how amazing we are, all the way to people judging how we live and asking how we get our protein. 

The conversations I have with people , such as recipes, facts about the vegan lifestyle and how my husband has reduced his meat intake (which shocks the HECK out of them), are now basic ways of life for me.  However, for most of them, the topics are foreign and they will question me and my ways. Don't get me wrong, I fully believe that everyone should do what they feel. I just hope that by me talking about being vegan that they might look into the things I mention on their own to get their own opinions about it. 

I am just a baby in this lifestyle and I am learning something new everyday about food and health, which is something that I love. I almost feel like I have uncovered some special secret about health and how we should live. Like seriously?, how is it that I am just learning that I can eat as MUCH FRUIT AS I WANT!! Where has this been all my life?? I distinctly remember being told when I was young that fruit is bad for your stomach lining, your teeth, and that eating too much is bad for you. Now the veil has been lifted and if you do it properly, you CAN eat all the fruit your little hearts desire! 


So that's why I have started to blog, to share this special secret and to show how being vegan isn't as hard as people believe! To scream it out loud through words, because screaming this in public will make me seem cray. I feel that living a vegan life opens up your eyes and mind to things that were not taught to us when we were younger. Such as you don't have to eat meat and diary to be healthy! (I really give props to my mom for never making me drink milk, because I HATED IT!!). I don't think I have ever been happier with my life, health wise. I am back to a weight I am comfortable with, I am rarely sick, I have a lot of energy and I am loving the experimenting with food.

So now you are wondering what you can look forward to? Well I will tell you! 
  1. My favorite vegan recipes
  2. Vegan facts 
  3. My quilting adventures
  4. Updates on my Family and their experiences with food and health
  5. Books I am reading
  6. Fitness
These 6 points are not limited to, but thats the basis of why I started to do this. Oh and most likely you will get updates on my love of Tattoos!! 

I really hope that I am able to keep up with this as much as I want to because so far I am having fun!!! 

Thanks for reading!

xoxo -N






1 comment:

  1. You should have learned from my mother to eat as much fruit as you wanttt!!!! ;)
    xoxo I'll be reading you...!

    ReplyDelete