Search This Blog

Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween Puking Pumpkin Dip

TIS THE SEASON TO BE HAUNTED!! 

This past Friday we got to host our annual Halloween party, which is one of my favorite parties to plan. I love all the decorating, the costumes and the food.

For a costume I decided to dress up a Katy Perry this year, the candy themed one. NOT the ET one. She is a little too scary for my liking in that video. So I went to You Tube and searched for the video California Gurls and put it on repeat! I probably watched this video 10 times, just to get a her outfit seared into my brain. If I was going to make this costume, it was going to look great. Next was to the closet to see what I had that was Katy Perry-i, and I had.... a white tube top! Perfect, that's all I need! Well except for rhinestones, felt, dog chew toys (the cupcakes!), stickers, pipe cleaners, a headband, satin fabric (skirt) and a pair of tights. I am truly happy I had that white top, because its fricken hard to find one in October!
So I started to sew and hot glue gun the crap out of that top; which lead to burning myself with said glue gun and then sew some more to make the skirt. 8 awesome hours later...TA DA! I'm Katy Perry!
For the food I decided to do the typical munchies, chips, popcorn and something new: The famous Puking Pumpkin. I have always thought he was kind of cute and gross at the same time, which I think is perfect for a Halloween Party.

Ingredients

5 large Avocados
3 large tomatoes
1/2 cup of Cilantro
1 lime, juiced
1/2 large Onion
1 Garlic Clove, minced
Salt to taste
Dice it all up, throw it in a bowl and mix it unit it gets a smooth consistency. I like to leave some chunks of avocado in the mix to add more texture! Enjoy!

Me and my sisters, Chelsea is a Dinosaur and
 Ashley is a Banana!

Yes I Glued each one of those rhinestones on!






Thanks for reading!

xoxo - N

No comments:

Post a Comment