Search This Blog

Friday, January 11, 2013

After Thoughts of Juice Journey

I am done and not only did I survive, I thrived. Go me!! A slight round of applause will do... 

Something that I kept track of for these past few days was my weight. I didn't want to post it until after I was done because I wasn't sure there was going to be any change. But fortunately it did:
Day one - 131
Day two - 129
Day three - 128
Day four - 127
Hello 120's, it has been FOREVER since I saw you last. I probably lost around an inch of bloating around my stomach which resulted in a almost flat stomach, something that I have never had. I know this is something that will not last because I am now eating solid foods but I am going to try and reduce my bloating as much as possible. How? By eating mainly fruit and leafy greens, and reducing cooked foods and fats from my diet. This wont be too hard in Mexico, except for the guacamole, I love that stuff! Also by food combinations, such as only eating melons together, not mixing fruits and fats and not eating bananas and acidic fruits together. My time here at 127 might not last, but it was good to see her again!

This morning I woke up feeling good, except when I looked outside and noticed that I had to shovel myself out of my house. But health wise I felt good. For breakfast I had orange juice with coconut water, risking that stomach pain I encountered a couple days ago. But luckily it didn't because it was hard looking at all of those oranges knowing that I might not be able to eat them before I go.  For lunch I made my first 'soild' food meal, a banana, cherry and coconut water smoothie. Seriously, the best thing I have ever tasted (smoothie wise) and I was so amped to eat it for lunch it was hard not to eat it for breakfast. I did however make way too much of it, I probably only needed 2 bananas but my eyes are bigger than my stomach and  made it with 4! Yummy!



The things I learned from my juice cleanse:

1)    First and foremost, I CAN DO IT. I was so scared at the start of this, thinking that I wouldn’t be able to concentrate at work, that I would have bad stomach aches, or just not being able to handle not eating solid foods and having massive cravings (the ladies at work have been talking about OJ’s recently and I am now craving their quinoa salad). But Ashley was right, juice cleanses are easy and I can do it!
2)    My skin is so fricken soft. My skin on my face is usually really dry and I need to exfoliate everyday. But now its super soft and clear and I don’t want it to go back.
3)    To take things slowly. Before the cleanse I was over anxious for our trip and by doing this juice cleanse I really slowed down my pace, especially by going to bed early. I really focused on my health instead of the minutes until our flight left and it took my mind off of my nervousness/anxiety that I was feeling over our trip.  
4)  That I do not need to eat after my workout because drinking a liter and a half of water is sufficient enough to get me to 9:00am. That way when I get home I can eat a full meal on an empty stomach, hydrated system.
5)  That if I didn't have Ashley there to help me I wouldn't have been as successful in my cleanse. She helped me with juice combinations, when to drink, how much, ect. She was a great help and I thank her for it. 
6)  That going to bed at 9pm is wonderful because I feel so great in the mornings. Yes that could have something to do with the cleanse, but I know that it helped me get through my days.
7)  I smell. Yup I stink. The toxins that were in my body escaped through my sweat glands during my cleanse and boy could I smell them. It actually makes me feel good knowing that they are leaving my body, hopefully to never return.
8)  If I felt this good after three days then what would I feel like after 10?
9)  That I should probably do another one after Mexico too!
10) I love having a flat stomach!

Thank you to all who followed me and Ashley on this juice journey. We really appreciate all of the supportive comments and likes and if you have any questions please feel free to ask!

xoxo - N

1 comment:

  1. Nikki, you need to please come home from Mexico! Didn't realize how much I trusted and used your knowledge!!! Come help!!!

    ReplyDelete