Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day Two of Juice Cleanse - Pear and Sweet Potato Juices!


*** Update on Day One***
Last night I started to get ready for bed at 8:30, my stomach started to rumble so that’s when I knew that it was time to go to sleep and I was in bed around 9:00.. The truth about hunger pains at night is that you aren’t actually hungry, you are tired. So next time you think you want that popcorn at 9:00 at night, grab for your toothbrush instead and go to bed early!

I unfortunately tossed and turned for about an hour, partially because my stomach hurt and partially because I am not used to going to bed that early. If I would have actually gone to bed at 8:30 I don’t think I would have had that bad of stomach pain because I would be asleep. So to remedy the pain I drank some water which really helped!

Day Two!
This day was a lot easier that I imagined! I had such a terrible time with day two of my mono fruit cleanse that I thought it was going to be the same experience and to my surprise it wasn't. I had energy, I was alert, my skin feels a lot smoother and not once did I think that I was going to die. As of right now I don't think I would do another mono fruit cleanse again, I think I will stick with the juicing instead! 

So, I woke up this morning like any other morning… hitting snooze on my three alarms 2 times each and finally getting up at 5:30am (Devon really loves that, especially since two of my alarms are the Harry Potter theme song). I got up and felt really good except I really, really had to pee. I took my liter of water to work along with my Contigo mug full of hot water and lemon. I feel that the lemon water really helps calm my stomach in the morning since I am used to eating fruit at work. And since its kept cold in there it helps me warm up :)

For breakfast I made 1 liter the most delicious juice, I call it Pear-ific and so far its my favourite one!  


For lunch I did 1.5 liters of orange juice again, but after drinking about a cup I got really bad stomach pains, possibly because I drank it too fast. So I called Ashley and she suggested that I stop drinking it and just drink water until the pain goes away. Thankfully it did, but after the pain went away I tried to drink it again and it still was not agreeing with me, so I guess no Oj for me. But when I got home I was craving something so I opened up a delicious coconut water, which luckily didn't  hurt my stomach. 


As for how I felt this afternoon, other than feeling a little unfocused at work, I felt great. However towards 4:00 I was feeling really tired. When Devon got home he said that I was not looking so good, but I assured him that I was only tired and other than that I felt normal. For supper I made a sweet potato cocktail, that I threw together on a whim. I was a little apprehensive of how it was going to turn out because I have never used a sweet potato before, but I was pleasantly surprised.  


Tonight I also went and did a far-infrared sauna session at the gym I work at (Ladies Workout Express) and one of the perks of working there is I get free sauna's anytime I want. So while talking to Ashley tonight she suggested that I go for a session to help rid my body of toxins, what a brilliant idea Ashley! I went in for 45 mins and at 145 F. and boy did it feel amazing! I was pouring sweat out of my body like a waterfall. Okay, so think of the most you have ever sweated, say after a run, or a basketball game, now dump a bucket of water over your head and thats how soaked I was.... I know really sexy image. While in there I laid down and just tried to relax and shut off my brain. But of course, that didn't work out to well, I have a lot on my mind right now because our Mexico trip is coming up and I still have a lot to do. I even started singing the Chumbawamba song, Drip Drip Drip goes the water... there is a slight chance I have ADD. I feel more relaxed and calm after that and I am now thinking I should do one again tomorrow!

As I type this I realize its 8:40 and I should really start getting ready for bed.  I am trying to drink about 1/2 liter of water (for a total of 3 liters of water today) before I go to bed because of all of the sweating I did and I hope to avoid those stomach pains that I encountered last night. I am crossing my fingers that tomorrow will be as easy as today, but I am not getting my hopes up! I will keep you posted!

Thanks for reading,
xoxo Nikki


No comments:

Post a Comment