Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Easy Vegan Black Bean Dip

Are you looking for a simple appetizer to take to your next party? Try this easy vegan black bean dip!

My sister in law Brittany brought this to a Mexican TGIF party this past week and I was so thankful that she did. I hadn’t eaten much before we went thinking that there was going to be a lot of guacamole and salsa but sadly I was wrong. There was some quac and veggies but that was it (well for food that I could eat) so when Brit showed up with this amazing dish, I almost took it all for myself, hording it in the corner with the blue corn chips. But I thought I would be nice and share with everyone so they could taste how amazing the dip was.

What I really love about it is that it is super simple to make, just toss into a blender and puree! I know the color isn't the greatest but really what can you expect from a bean dip other than the awesomely brown color! 


Quick and easy Vegan Bean Dip
1 can organic black beans
1 jar of organic salsa
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 handful cilantro 
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp chili powder
1 lemon juiced

Blend in a high speed blender or food processor until smooth. It can be served hot or cold and paired with tortilla chips or fresh veggies! 


This is for sure going to be one of my go-to recipes when I am in a bind and need to bring something to a party. Thanks Brittany!


Side note** Brittany didn't put in the nutritional yeast or the chili powder in to her dip, so if you don't have those things on hand I can guarantee that it still tastes amazing!

Thanks for reading
xoxo -N

No comments:

Post a Comment