Search This Blog

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Quick Vegan Chocolate Pancakes with Banana Ice Cream

I came up with this recipe out at my dad's cabin this past weekend. Jen, Sean and the boys were out for the weekend with us and I wanted to make something special for breakfast on Sunday. I was talking to Jen and thought about making chocolate pancakes and wished I could make them for the boys that weekend. So I took a look in the cupboards and came across cocoa powder. It was like the chocolate gods were speaking to me saying PLEASE MAKE CHOCOLATE PANCAKES! I mean come on, why would there be just straight up cocoa powder at the lake? Then I looked in the freezer and saw that there was vanilla ice cream. Not the greatest thing to eat in the morning and its not vegan but why not, the kids were going to live a little. 

"Cue Bolt of Lighting" 
I have bananas.... I have a freezer.... I have my Vitamix.... I CAN MAKE BANANA ICE CREAM!!! Its vegan, healthy and the perfect topping for my chocolate pancakes! Needless to say I was super excited to make these bad boys!

The picture doesn't do them justice, I had like 1 minute before we started eating and Brody came out with me and asked about 50 questions while I was trying to capture a decent photo. But take my word for it, they were delicious, the boys had two each and I had four! Haha ya I really lived it up this weekend. What I loved most is that Brody asked for 4 servings of banana ice cream! Something I didn't have to worry about because its just bananas!

I used the Bisquick pancake mix, but if you make your from scratch that would work too!

Thanks for reading!!
xoxo -N 

No comments:

Post a Comment