Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Family Photo Quilt

It has been way to long since I posted something fabric for my food & fabric blog. I feel like I have been letting you all down! I guess I have been too busy in the kitchen to take time and sit down in my sewing room! Well the wait is over and she is a pretty one!

I was asked by my friend Janelle to make a photo quilt for her mothers birthday and I jumped at the chance to do this for her. I have never made a photo quilt before so I got straight away at figuring out a design I liked. I looked online for inspiration (finding not too many I actually liked) and came up with this simple yet, beautiful design. 

I decided to use 4 Fig Tree Charm Packs for the main fabric in my quilt. Janelles mom loves pastels and I instantly thought that she would love the beautiful colors that Fig Tree has to offer. Luckily they are my favorite fabric designers so I had a couple on hand already to get me started. Also I had another woman in town do the photos for me. I could have done them on my printer but I knew that the quality wouldn't be as good and I didn't have any ink in mine. I had around 25 pictures done for only $52! 


And for those of you who know me, there is no surprise that I left this to the last minute and had to power my way through this to get it done on time. I even had to call my long arm quilter and friend, Wendy to sweet talk her into doing this within two days so I had time to bind it. Luckily she was up for the challenge of custom quilting it and had it done in a day! Props to Wendy on her amazing job!! 

I love quilting, the designing, picking out fabric and seeing the finished product is all such a joy for me. Just as much as finding out the person you made it for, loves it just as much as you do. Janelles's mom loved it, and her dad even suggested that he would like one as well! So maybe this won't be the only photo quilt I make! 


Thanks for reading!
xoxo -N

No comments:

Post a Comment