Search This Blog

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Easy Vegan Banana Muffins

I promised about a month ago that I would post these awesome Vegan Banana Muffins my sister in law brought to my Vegan TGIF party. Well better late than never!
Out of all the vegan banana bread/muffins I have tasted these are by far my favourite. Not only are they super moist, they are super simple to make with no complicated ingredients.
Everyone at the party was reaching for these when Jen placed them at the table, even the kids were asking for seconds and thirds! I hope you enjoy these as much as we did! Thanks Jen for sharing the recipe!


Easy Vegan Banana Muffins
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 large bananas, mashed
3/4 organic coconut palm sugar
1 flax egg, 1tbsp ground flax and 3 tbsp. water (let sit until thickened)
1/3 cup apple sauce

Preheat oven to 350. Line muffin tin with muffin liners.
Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a separate bowl combine banana, sugar, flax egg and apple sauce. Fold into flour mixture until smooth (do not over mix as that will make them dry). The batter will be very thick and kinda fluffy.
Scoop into muffin liners.
Bake for 13-15 mins.
Muffins are done when they spring back when lightly tapped.
Makes about 12 medium sized muffins.

Thanks for reading!
xoxo -N

No comments:

Post a Comment