Search This Blog

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Nature's Path Waffles: Organic, Gluten Free and Vegan


Supper around my house usually sounds like this:

Me: Devon what do you want for supper?
Devon: I don't know, what do you want?
Me: I don't know either...

Which sometimes leads to:

Devon: Lets go to the grocery store!

Thursday was one of those days. We just couldn't decide what to make and with Devon and I watching the Food Network before supper that didn't make the task of choosing any easier. So off to Safeway we went, in search of something delicious to make for supper.

I wandered the produce section for a bit, while Devon got ingredients for Chicken Fried Sandwiches. I ended up with celery... haha for a quinoa stir fry! Yummy! Luckily I had everything else I needed at home so I was done in the produce section. Which got me wandering around the store looking at random stuff waiting for Devon to be finished. 

Then, there they were in the frozen isle........... Gluten Free, Vegan Waffles!!! Holy crap! I am pretty sure I gave the other Safeway patrons a show with my happy dance right there in the gluten free frozen section. So of course when we get home I just had to try them, how can I not!? I pop them in the toaster and after the first minute we start to smell this heavenly smell of sweetness. Its the waffles. They are made of pear and grape juice which give it this amazing smell of awesomeness. I topped them with cantaloup and they were great, they tasted really good, just like real 'Eggo's', but better. 

These are perfect for families who are just transitioning into a Gluten Free lifestyle. They are a great substitution for the 'regular' version, I would even say that kids wouldn't be able to tell if they were gluten free or not!



No comments:

Post a Comment