Search This Blog

Friday, February 8, 2013

Family Pizza - Vegan?

I know, I know...two pizza posts in a row!! Funny thing is I never used to love pizza. Back in the day of birthday parties or family fun nights I would eat it but I would never crav it. I am not sure why, maybe because I don’t like crust and most pizza places have thick crust with no toppings, or because we only ordered from Houston’s Pizza and it was always super greasy? I'm not too sure, but what I do know is that I crave pizza now and my favourite is Family Pizza, or as I call it Family Pie.

When first switching to my vegan lifestyle I would order a pizza with just peppers, tomatoes and pineapple, no cheese, no meat and I loved it…it kind of reminded me of bruschetta. Then I was reading online about how some pizza restaurants use chicken and beef broth to flavour their pizza sauce… SHIT! My heart dropped, this was something that I never thought about, and was mad at myself for not thinking of it sooner. So I stopped eating Family Pie and emailed the company asking about the ingredients. It unfortunately took a couple months to get a response but I finally received a reply on Tuesday saying that their dough and sauce were dairy, egg and meat free!! WOO HOO!

So naturally on Thursday (Wednesday was vegan lasagna night!) Devon and I ordered pizza, and I was so excited! I ordered the peppers, tomatoes, and pineapple pizza and when it arrived I turned on the oven to broil and dumped a crap load of Daiya cheese on it! I baked it for about 5 minutes and the final product was pure heaven! I feel like this is a double edged sword type thing, on one hand I get to eat my favourite pizza, on the other hand I get to eat my favourite pizza! Oh well, its not like I am going to eat it everyday….right?



Thanks for reading!!
xoxo-N

No comments:

Post a Comment