Search This Blog

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Vegan Pizza Rolls

Super Bowl Sunday was hosted by my sister in law Brittany this year which of course means a lot of fricken food. I was undecided on what I was going to bring until I remembered that we had a can of Pillsbury Grand Crescent Rolls in our freezer. I had recently learned that they were vegan and wanted to try them out, I am not a fan of breads but I bought a can anyways just to have on hand for such occasion.

What to do with the crescent rolls? Pizza of course! I have been craving pizza lately and thought that pizza rolls would be the perfect Super Bowl snack. So I took the can out of the freezer to thaw and got the ingredients for our stuffing!
I decided to roll out the dough instead of using the precut shapes they provide. This way I can have the shape I want (a rectangle) and the dough goes farther seeing as I didn’t want it to be really thick. I got about 12 pizza rolls out of one can and thought I should get another because there was going to be a number of people there. So we did one can of vegan and one can of regular.
In the midst of football madness and the fact that I devoured most of them,I didn’t get a good picture of how they turned out and I apologize for the pitiful picture that I did take. Please don’t judge me!! Trust me, they taste way better than they look in the picture!
Vegan Pizza Rolls
1 can of Pillsbury Grand Crescent Rolls
1 can of pizza sauce
1 cup of Daiya Cheese
1 cup of mushrooms, chopped

Mash the dough into a ball and pull off ½ cup-chunks to roll out. Using a floured rolling pin, or wine bottle (whatevers handy) roll out on a floured counter to desired thickness. Cut into rectangles about 3’x6’, layer pizza sauce, mushrooms and Daiya cheese. Roll up making sure all sides are tucked in and pop in the oven!

You can put anything you want into your pizza rolls, I just had mushrooms handy!

Thanks for reading!

Xoxo-N

No comments:

Post a Comment