Search This Blog

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Banana Strawberry Ice Cream with Vegan Chocolate Chips


 I would like to dedicate this post to all of you who are reading this now, to those of you who read my blog yesterday, and to those who will read my blog in the future. I am so proud and happy to say that I have reached over 5000 hits, and I couldn’t be more excited!! It has only been 5 months and the response has been overwhelming, so I guess I am doing something right?  It is so crazy to think that people are actually reading the things I write and making the meals I create.  So in honor of this awesome milestone of mine, I decided to celebrate with some dessert!

With my sister Ashley on banana island this past week bananas have been popping up everywhere, from Facebook, Youtube and our conversations. So I am not surprised that I was craving this sweet treat tonight after supper, banana ice cream. But not just any banana ice cream, strawberry flavored ice cream! I had just bought fresh strawberries at the grocery store this week and while banana ice cream is delicious, strawberry ice cream is better....with chocolate chips!

If you are a banana lover like me and my sister, you will love her blog post and You Tube channel. Naturally Ashley is a natural heath coach and a banana enthusiast and can take a regular banana and transform it into meals you wouldn’t have even imagined! She just posted 8 Banana Recipe Meals using only bananas and she saved the best one for last, the ice cream. She is an inspiration of health and beauty and you can check out her blog hereher You Tube Channel here, and her on Facebook here.



I have stolen her recipe and added the strawberries!

Ingredients – 1 serving
2 ripe bananas, sliced
3-4 ripe strawberries, sliced

Slice bananas and strawberries, 1/4-inch thick. Make sure the bananas are ripe with lots of brown spots!!
Freeze in a single layer on a cookie tray lined with parchment paper — or in one layer in a resealable freezer bag, laid flat — until solid, at least 6 hours. (I usually freeze them overnight)
Transfer to food processor OR Vitamix/high powered blender.

When you process the bananas, they’ll first go sort of granular, then you’ll start to notice it going a bit creamy near the edges. Once this happens, scrape down the sides of the bowl and continue to blend, scrape, blend, scrape, etc. until the whole thing is a smooth, silky, creamy, moussey dream. This whole process should take 3 to 4 minutes in the food processor and 1- 2 minutes in the Vitamix. 
Serve right away with any toppings you like! I chose vegan chocolate chips :)

Thanks for reading!
Xoxo -N
Again look what my adorable Rottweiler, Stella accidentally did! She thought she was being sneaky by gently licking the glass behind my back but sadly no. It fell of the side table and smashed everywhere! Thanks sweetheart, I was done anyways! 
  

1 comment: